Charles R. Morris Student Research Award
The recipient of the award will receive:
- Free registration at the upcoming Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, including the Continuing Education Session and Annual Banquet.
- Award recipient is expected to present the research paper at the AAOMR Annual Session
The Research Award will be open to candidates from accredited dental and dental hygiene programs who, at the time the research was carried out, were full-time pre-doctoral or undergraduate students. The manuscript must be accompanied by a nomination from the institution in which the research was carried out. Applicants should be members of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology or should have applied for membership at the time of application. Click here to apply for AAOMR membership.
Applicants will be judged by members of the Awards Committee of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of conceptual definition
- Adequacy of literature review
- Soundness of methodology
- Significance of contribution to the science of oral and maxillofacial radiology
- Manuscript format and style
Students are strongly encouraged to secure faculty guidance in designing the research project, in determining the extent of the literature review and in composing the manuscript.
Guidelines for Manuscript
- Manuscript must represent original research and not previously presented at a scientific meeting.
- One page abstract describing the project objectives and definitive manuscript, reporting results of investigation in the style of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology
- Online application form
- Manuscript along with abstract
- Institutional nomination letter
Complete this form to begin the process
For further questions, please contact the AAOMR Awards Committee Chairs: