2021 Annual Session Code of Conduct
The 72nd AAOMR Annual Session
By virtue of registration, AAOMR Annual Meeting attendees agree to abide by the Meeting Policies and Code of Conduct, and that photos or screen captures taken by AAOMR will be utilized in future meeting promotions.
Camera / Video Recording Policy: Use of cameras, photography, camera phones and any video or recording equipment is strictly prohibited in all educational sessions. Violations of this policy will result in immediate removal from the session and confiscation of the equipment.
Misuse of Virtual Meeting Login: Under no circumstance is an attendee with an individual login permitted to share that information with another individual who is or is not a paid attendee at the meeting. Fraudulently allowing an individual to gain access to educational sessions or social events by using another’s credentials is grounds for immediate removal of all parties from the meeting.
Fair and Balanced Content: All speakers are required to complete a disclosure form of their financial relationships as well as an attestation form. All speakers are required to disclose their relevant financial relationships both verbally and in the first slide of their presentation. Speaker disclosures will be posted online.
Disclosure of Commercial Interest: All participants in presentations AND discussion sessions are required to disclose any commercial interests. This includes audience members who participate in question-and-answer sessions. Although members of industry are allowed to sit in on general educational sessions as silent observers, participation in question-and-answer sessions or otherwise is strictly prohibited based on CERP guidelines for fair and balanced content.
Americans with Disabilities Act: AAOMR wishes to take steps to ensure that no individual with a disability is excluded, denied services, segregated or otherwise treated differently than other individuals because of the absence of auxiliary aids and services. If you require any auxiliary aids or services identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to attend any AAOMR program, please indicate your needs in the online registration form or contact the AAOMR office prior to arrival via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 331-307-4396.
Code of Conduct: AAOMR is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AAOMR staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AAOMR staff members and service providers are expected to abide by this Annual Session Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all AAOMR meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AAOMR but held in conjunction with AAOMR events in-person or on public or private virtual platforms.
Anti-harassment Policy: AAOMR has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment including, but not limited to, sexual harassment by participants or AAOMR staff at AAOMR meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, AAOMR asks you report it, so appropriate action can be taken.
Report a concern: AAOMR reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and AAOMR reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting – online or in person.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOMR staff, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOMR staff member, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the Exhibit Hall or at events organized by AAOMR throughout the meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and AAOMR staff.
- Presentations should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers or solicitation for services. AAOMR reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
WED, OCT 28, 2020
2020 Annual Sessions
Category: AAOMR Annual Sessions